Cashan
Cashan
Administrator
Administrator

Morning Routine: Tag Peter & Coran Empty Morning Routine: Tag Peter & Coran

Post by CashanTue 14 Feb 2023 - 17:33

C A S S A N D R A . B L A K E
Human

Cass drove through the streets of Saints Stand in her modest but well-kept car. Shopping bags were piled in the back seat with enough food to feed an army. She was dressed for work; a crisp white sharp was layered with a pale green cardigan and black pencil skirt. Her hair was still hanging down; she hadn't had time to tie it up this morning. The streets were relatively quiet and all too familiar now. Yet Saints Stand still never felt like home. But made the best of her situation and found purpose in her work with Coran and the clinic.

She pulled up outside the large guarded gates and rolled down her window. She greeted one of Coran's men with a bright smile. " Morning, Tom, " she said, grabbing one of the many coffees piled in her passenger seat. " Black, two sugars," she said, handing out to the grateful man who had clearly had a long night on the late shift. " You're a lifesaver, Cass," he said as he radioed for the gates to be opened. " You're welcome; I'll see you inside for breakfast," she promised as she pulled into the warehouse's car park.

She had only opened the trunk when a few of Coran's men greeted her. " Hey guys, " she smiled, revealing her supermarket haul. The men all got to work grabbing bags and the various holders with individual names on every cup. She walked around and grabbed the last two. " I'll take these," she said, and then, before she knew it, her car was empty. " So efficient, " she chuckled as she locked the car behind her and headed into the warehouse with the last two cups of coffee.

There was a flurry of activity as the men finished putting away the groceries and supplies. She greeted them with a smile and a wave as she walked out of the communal area and headed upstairs towards the offices. Her heeled shoes stood out against the thud of boots below her as they clinked against the floor. She didn't usually visit so early in the morning except once a month when she helped stock the pantry with food and treated everyone to coffee. She pre-ordered the dozens of coffees well in advance and arrived at the cafe before anyone else to collect.

She rapped her knuckles on the door and walked in, knowing she already had an open invitation. " Morning, Peter. I got you for your favourite liquid breakfast: double espresso, no sugar, no milk. " Cass placed the cup down on his desk in front of him. " You're welcome. " she smiled, not needing his thanks. She and Peter had grown increasingly fond of each other since they first met five years ago. Their friendship started when Cass fulfilled her promise of drinks, and after half a bottle of bourbon, she divulged her entire life story. Since then, they have had drinks once a week. Talking and sharing stories and usually laughing. Sometimes, Coran would even join them, but he usually left if she got overly personal. Peter, however, seemed to oddly enjoy her stories as she blew his mind about what monsters were out there.

" Is Coran around this morning? I didn't see him downstairs. " Cass coyly asked as she held the coffee with Coran written on the sleeve in her hand. " I can't stay long this morning; I'm opening the clinic this morning. " Cass explained, hoping to cover her tracks by asking about Coran. She would never admit it, but she was still harbouring a torch for Coran, but she had long since accepted that the most she could hope for was a friendship, and she was happy with that. They had both been through so much and had suffered too much already. She wouldn't dare bring up any feelings that could open old wounds for either of them. She was content with their new dynamic and the life she had carved out for herself. The last thing she wanted to do was anything that would cause her or Coran any more grief.

Word Count: 692

Back to top Go down

Peter Ripley
Peter Ripley

Morning Routine: Tag Peter & Coran Empty Re: Morning Routine: Tag Peter & Coran

Post by Peter RipleyWed 15 Feb 2023 - 16:05

Peter lived and breathed the resistance, so much so that he'd been living above the warehouse in one of the staff apartments for the past five years. He would start his day by going to his office, and he would end his day the same way.
It was his life, and he was more than happy dedicating himself to the protection of those Ox wronged. Ox Corp's hold was still there, even if they were not as 'loud' as they once were, and Peter wasn't about to let his guard down.

He was Coran's right-hand man, and as such, he oversaw much of the day-to-day activities in the warehouse. Coran had become more of a silent partner in recent years. His word was the law, but for the most part, he let Peter get on with things. Coran was better in a crisis and was often more suited to being on the ground with his men, more than sitting in an office. And Peter was fine with that. He was happy with their dynamic, and it had worked well for the last five years,

Their stronghold was firm on Saints. Coran controlled the city, and Ox corp had so far been unable to suppress that control. Saint's was controlled by its rightful owner and had become a haven for immortals, though they still had to conceal their true nature.

Peter sat at his desk, propping his elbows on a large pile of paperwork, his eyes downcast and engrossed in a live feed on his phone. He was watching one of the patrols in real-time when Cass came into his office brandishing liquid gold.
His serious face instantly lifted as his best friend swept into the room, bringing her usual cheer with her. "Good Morning, Cass!" he smiled gratefully grabbing the coffee, taking a long sip despite its heat. "That's better. Thank you. What would we do without you?"

He picked up a box of files from the spare chair in his office and nodded for Cass to take a seat, "Coran, No. The patrols are out this morning. He went with them. He should be back soon," he nodded, knowing why she really asked, though he didn't let it on. They were adults, their relationship-or lack of one, was up to them.
"Honestly, he's been a bit off recently. Don't you think?" Coran had been slightly more withdrawn for a while, he wasn't spending much time indoors. Peter had noticed him distancing himself from the human members of their team at times. Not always, but enough for him to notice.
He worried he was having problems with his blood craving and was considering bringing it up with him.
"Has he said anything to you?"

Back to top Go down

Cashan
Cashan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CashanWed 15 Feb 2023 - 20:20

- H U M A N -
- P R O F I L E -

Peter began rearranging the room and made space for her. She hadn't planned on staying but found it hard to refuse Peter. She had known him long enough by now that if he wanted her to stay, he wanted to talk about something that was bothering him. " Thanks, but you know you really should let me help you with some of this or maybe get a secretary? " Cass mused, knowing there was no way Peter would let anyone mess with his filing system, not even here. She sat down and watched in amusement as Peter drank his favourite beverage. He really should eat more.

She tried not to show the disappointment on her face as Peter told her Coran's whereabouts. " Again? " she asked. He was doing a lot more patrols lately, and Cass wasn't sure if she should be worried about him or if there was something he knew that she didn't. Was Coran worried about Ox Corp, well, more than usual? However, Peter expressed his concern for Coran and Cass was slightly relieved. Peter was Coran's only confidant. If Coran was worried, he would have told Peter, and Peter seemed oblivious, which was worrying in itself.

" To me? " Cass said, surprised and shook her head. " I'm the last person he'd speak to. " She knew she didn't need to explain any further to Peter. She had told him their history one night over too much bourbon. He had been sympathetic to her position at the time, and she always treasured him for that, but it didn't change the fact that Coran never seemed to forgive her. " He's been off for a while; they all have. " There was a heaviness in Cass's voice as she spoke freely, knowing that Peter was like a vault. " Coran, Hope... Marcus... none of them have been the same. I thought, with time, that they'd... I don't know, get back to their old selves, but I swear, Peter, they are getting worse as time goes on. "

Cass hadn't planned on having such a deep conversation this early in the morning, but she would never leave Peter in the lurch. It must be bothering him if he was talking about his concern. " I can try talking to him, maybe bribe him over some coffee if you like. I could maybe schedule a meeting. We could have an intervention? " Cass smirked in her attempt to lighten the mood she had brought down. " What's been bugging you other than the constant patrols? " Cass asked, wanting to get to the bottom of Peter's worry as she sunk into the chair, making herself more comfortable as she was clearly ready to give Peter all the time he needed to talk.

Word Count: 465

Back to top Go down

Peter Ripley
Peter Ripley

Post by Peter RipleyFri 17 Feb 2023 - 20:00

Cass looked a little deflated by the fact Coran wasn't there, but he was used to this kind of thing after knowing the woman for the last five years. He watched as some interest and concern entered her expression as he spoke of his worries.
He had hoped Coran would have spoken to her but wasn't shocked when she confirmed that he hadn't. Coran was playing his cards close to his chest, and Peter didn't like it.

"Yeah," he sighed as she said they had all changed. He didn't really have any insight into anyone other than Coran, but he understood that the attack of Blackwoods had been damaging for them all. They all lost loved ones in the attack, they lost their home and their independence. He didn't blame them for struggling. "I didn't know Hope or Marcus before that night, but I agree with you. They are all getting worse." It was frustrating, Peter didn't know what to do to help them. What could he do? It was an impossible situation.

He leaned back in his chair and took another long sip of his coffee, drinking the rest of it before he put the paper cup into the bin with all of the others that went there to die.

"I'm not sure he is as easily swayed by coffee," he chuckled, knowing Cass used his own coffee addiction to make him more pliable at times.
"Oh, I dunno," he sighed leaning his elbows onto the table as he thought about the answer. In truth he didn't know exactly what was bothering him, it was more a set of subtle behaviours.

"He is spending less time up here. Less time with me, at first I thought I'd pissed him off or something, so I kept my distance. But he hasn't come around. And he seems to be spending a lot more time around the immortals here. Maybe I am just paranoid. But it looks like he is avoiding the humans. I am concerned something has triggered some bloodlust in him or something like that. I'm not really sure?" he shook his head, hoping he didn't just sound like a paranoid lunatic.
"I've just never seen him act like this, that's all. I'm sure it is nothing"

Back to top Go down

Cashan
Cashan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CashanFri 17 Feb 2023 - 22:12

- H U M A N -
- P R O F I L E -

Peter's comment about being swayed by coffee made Cass smirk, lifting her mood. It was true; Cass had found that most of the men here were swayed by a hot beverage or sometimes a cold one if she was desperate. Most of Coran's men by now had done some clinic security rotation, and all were always happy to return. She always made sure that Coran's men were well taken care of. Lunch, dinners, late-night snacks, whatever they needed or wanted, Cass would try to accommodate. They took care of her and her staff, so she would always try to return it in kind when she could. These monthly coffee mornings were one of those ways, and it had brought her a lot of good favour, but she couldn't seem to sway the one person who really mattered.

She listened as Peter voiced his theory, and Cass couldn't deny that there was logic to his thoughts. He had distanced himself from everyone who was human. Her, Peter, and his men. But he never shied away from Hope or the kids. Cass frowned as she tried to think back on the inventory of blood. She didn't specifically remember Coran requesting any extra blood or anything missing, but that didn't mean Coran wasn't getting it elsewhere. " If he was in bloodlust, this place would be a bloodbath. " Cass said from experience. " But you're right; he has been avoiding everyone with a pulse. " Cass agreed, not wanting Peter to dismiss himself so easily. His instincts were usually right.

" Maybe we should both talk to him? He can't brush us both off so easily," she suggested. " Maybe there's a reasonable explanation? " Cass said, hopeful that this was all a big misunderstanding and perhaps Coran didn't realise how distant he had become. He was all too quick to put up barriers, and they were next to impossible to break down; she should know. " If it came from you, you know he would take it seriously. " Cass said, trying to offer Peter some encouragement. She knew she didn't have much sway with Coran, but Peter was his right-hand man, and the closest thing to a friend Coran would admit to having. If anyone could get through to him, it was him.

Word Count: 383

Back to top Go down

Coran Valencie
Coran Valencie

Post by Coran ValencieSat 18 Feb 2023 - 20:32

Coran walked at the back of the patrol group, not particularly paying attention to anything. He didn't really need to be there. It was simply an excuse to get out of the warehouse. He was exhausted. And he felt the strain of that exhaustion on his carefully constructed magical barriers.
He owed that Bitch Eliza an appointment with the pointy end of a sword. Everything was falling apart because of her.

He was afraid to sleep, and he was afraid of not sleeping. It was a never-ending cycle of torture, and he was running out of energy.
He didn't need to sleep as much as humans, but he was not a full vampire. And he'd gone longer than ever before without sleeping. It was making him feel unstable. But he couldn't bring himself to succumb to his exhaustion. Not when he had the potential to accidentally invade any human's mind and cause untold harm to them.

An image of Cass ran through his mind, and he frowned, his grip tightening on the rifle he held at his side. No, he couldn't risk hurting anyone, especially her. This was all some game to Eliza, but to him, it was a matter of life and death, and he wouldn't be able to live with himself if he hurt her. He was becoming a liability, and he knew it. He just didn't know what to do about it, it wasn't like he could ask the bitch for help, she was enjoying his pain too much.

The patrol was coming to an end by the time he came around from his thoughts, and he quickly realized he had dissociated through the entire patrol. He had no idea what had been going on, but his men seemed to settle, which was a good sign.

He sighed, running a hand across his eyes as he made his way back into the warehouse, his boots heavy on the clean floor as he made small talk with a few of his soldiers before making his way up into the offices.

He was walking along the corridor when the scent of Peter, Cass and coffee filled his senses. He slowed to a stop, taking a long breath as he carefully checked over his internal barriers, only moving again once he was happy they were well in place.

They were both talking between themselves as they often did, but their tones were hushed and peaked his attention.
He stepped through the door, pale eyes scanning the pair seeing them both looking instantly uneasy by his presence.
"He would take what seriously?" he asked, glancing around the room for any hint of their conversation.

They looked more uncomfortable by the second, and he felt his irritation rising, a small nerve ticking beside his jaw as he let out an exasperated sigh, trying to keep on top of his exhaustion-driven emotions.
"Am I interrupting something?" he quipped, moving around Peter carefully so he could retrieve a bottle of whiskey from the desk.
"Should I leave?"

Back to top Go down

Cashan
Cashan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CashanSat 18 Feb 2023 - 21:29

- H U M A N -
- P R O F I L E -

Before Peter could respond, Coran appeared at the door, and Cass's stomach dropped. She had no idea how much he had heard, but he didn't seem happy about what he had heard. However, as Cass looked him up and down, she grew increasingly concerned for his well-being rather than his feelings. He looked terrible. His eyes were sunken in and dark, his face was gaunt, and he looked like he hadn't fed in weeks. " Coran... " Cass said, shocked at not only his presence but his appearance. She looked over at Peter, and he seemed equally concerned about Coran's physical appearance.

Coran spoke almost like he was suspicious of them, and Cass frowned. Peter was his right-hand man, and she, well, he may have had grounds to suspect her, but how could he think Peter wasn't utterly committed to him and this cause. Cass was almost offended for him. " We were just talking, Coran, " Cass said, trying to be empathetic towards Corna, but she couldn't help but feel like she was being accused of something. " and no, I don't think you should leave. " Cass sighed, looking at Peter. She had wanted to talk to Coran but not like this, but he hadn't given either of them much choice.

" Coran... " Cass spoke as she rose from her seat and offered it to him. " Sit," she said, holding out her arm, but he wasn't making this easy. " Coran, please, we need to talk. " she raised her voice which she hated to do, but clearly, they didn't have time to waste tip-toeing around Coran. She waited for him to sit and realised she had left his coffee on the table. She tried to be coy and took it in her hand, leaving it on a nearby filing cabinet so Coran couldn't have it. The last thing he seemingly needed was coffee.

Cass glanced at Peter, worry written all over her face, and although she thought it would be better coming from Peter, she couldn't keep her concerns to herself any longer. " Coran, Peter and I, we were talking, and we just.. well.. we both agreed... " Cass got flustered and decided that directness was the best policy here. " We are worried about you, Coran," she said as she sat on Peter's desk, looking at Coran, hoping he could see her sincerity. " You've been distant and keeping to yourself and Coran; you look terrible. Have you been feeding? " she asked, wondering if the blood she had given him was contaminated. Had a bad batch gotten into the mix? She didn't think she could forgive herself if she had made Coran sick.

" If there's something wrong, or if you need more blood, Coran, you just have to ask. Maybe you should come to the clinic? We can give you a once-over? Maybe you could get some rest, have you been sleeping? " Cass asked as she reached and placed a hand on his arm, hoping he would soften at her touch. She wasn't Coran's enemy; in fact, his two best allies were in this room right now; he just needed to trust them, to trust her like she did him.

Word Count: 540

Back to top Go down

Peter Ripley
Peter Ripley

Post by Peter RipleyThu 23 Feb 2023 - 20:16

Peter ran his hands over his face, nodding beneath them as he let go of a sigh. He was grateful for Cass in moments like this. She was his confidant and made him feel validated in his concerns. "Yeah, sounds good," he nodded, wondering how Coran would take Peter questioning him in such a way, though knowing Cass would support him eased some of his worries. Coran would surely listen to the pair of them.

They wouldn't have to wonder for long. Coran turned into the room, making him jump. "Jeez," he hissed between his teeth, cursing Coran's vampire movements.
Coran paced into the room, instantly causing a tense atmosphere as he questioned their words.

Coran was curt, almost argumentative, and Peter saw him as a potential threat for the first time in their relationship, yet that feeling soon vanished when Coran moved under the dim office lights. Peter's defensiveness turned to concern then. Coran looked like shit, and Peter frowned, trying to remember the last time he had got more than a passing glimpse of his friend.

Cass spoke before he did, and their eyes met for a second in their mutual concern before they both looked back at their friend, Cass pushing on.
Peter remained silent as she questioned him. Cass thought Coran hated her, but Peter saw the truth they both denied and knew Coran would be more likely to listen to her than he would be to listen to him.
She wanted him to sit, yet Coran resisted. He was about to speak up when Cass rose her voice, almost demanding he sat, and to their surprise he did.

Peter slid his chair to the side, freeing himself up from behind his desk in case he had to move quickly. Cass sat on the edge of the desk and continued her line of questioning, seeming nervous at first, until her concern won her over.
Peter had never seen Coran in such a state before. He looked physically unwell. Did Vampires get sick? But Coran wasn't a full vampire, Maybe he was sick.
But it wasn't just that. His friend looked uncomfortable, haunted even, and Peter was blindsided by it, he couldn't think of anything that would have triggered this.

"She's right, Coran. You really need to go and get checked out. You look like hell," he interjected before Coran had a chance to wiggle out of it. "Things are quiet here. The men can have a night off while you go. I'm sure they'd like that."

Back to top Go down

Coran Valencie
Coran Valencie

Post by Coran ValencieThu 23 Feb 2023 - 21:01

"Are you sure?" he questioned, hearing the subtle changes in Cass's voice. He had offended and concerned her. He uncapped the bottle and took a swig of it as he moved his back to rest against one of the many filing cabinets. "I feel like I stumbled into a private conversation..." he eyed Peter, seeing the same mix of emotions on his face before he let his eyes trail back to Cass. He hated looking at her now. She made something itch inside him, and it was becoming harder to ignore. Yet, he couldn't keep his eyes off her when she stood so close to him.

She wanted him to sit down, but that would mean moving closer, and he shook his head, pressing his back to the cool metal, "I'd rather stay here with my whiskey," but she wasn't having any of it. She almost shouted at him then, demanding that he sat down.
"Alright!" he snapped back, seeing that she wasn't going to let this matter drop without some form of cooperation from him. Especially when she had Peter acting like a sidekick. They were ganging up on him, and he fought the urge to let his emotions rise. He didn't know what would happen if they did. He felt like a hand grenade, and he had Eliza to thank for that. The hateful bitch.

"Worried?" he scoffed, "I've been busy! I've been doing my job, keeping this city safe. I didn't realize I was expected to check in regularly. I have had my hand's full keeping you all safe for the last five years!" he snapped, instantly feeling something twisting deep inside of him. He didn't like it. And he sighed, rolling his shoulders instantly self-soothing to calm his mind from the power that wanted out.

He was being unkind, and he knew it. Guilt was an instant distraction and he focused on it, remorse filling his eyes as he looked at his two friends again.
"I don't need blood," he calmed his voice, his irritation fading into fatigue as he tried to think of a way out of this.

He couldn't brush them off, he knew better. They would both hound him like dogs if he didn't somehow calm their concerns.
"OK, alright, I'll come in for a check OK," he held up his hand and placed his whiskey down, wanting to silence the pair as they both joined forces against him.
"Happy?"

Back to top Go down

Cashan
Cashan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CashanFri 24 Feb 2023 - 0:34

- H U M A N -
- P R O F I L E -

Having Peter at her back gave Cass the confidence to confront Coran despite hating having to do this. She knew she and Peter were on the same page, and both of them cared for Coran and hated seeing him like this. But it was still hard for Cass to hold her ground as Coran raised his voice and shouted at her, throwing the fact he had protected them back in her face. Cass would have flinched a few years ago, but now, she stared at him with folded arms and a flash of anger in her eyes. She knew she would live to regret asking him to keep an eye on her kids, but she never thought it would be like this.

She took a deep breath, not wanting to argue with Coran, but he was being mean for the sake of being mean, and Cass wouldn't accept this behaviour from her patients; she was finding it hard to take it from Coran. He said he didn't need blood as he calmed down, but Cass found that hard to believe. He acted like a starving, irritable, angry, and short-fused vampire. " Really, Coran? Because right now, you're behaving like an underfed fledgling. " Cass said sternly but not raising her voice. She didn't want to fight, but she wanted Coran to realise she wasn't buying this act. She wasn't sure who he was trying to fool, but no one in this warehouse believed Coran was okay.

She sighed as she looked at Peter, feeling like she was fighting a losing battle. It must have been hard for him to be stuck between the two of them. she would have understood if he had decided to back off and give Coran some space. But true to his word, Peter had her back and gave Coran no excuses as to why he couldn't go. She gave him a brief smile appreciating everything he was trying to do. She knew Coran probably felt like they were ganging up on him, but she hoped that when tempers were settled, he would see they were coming from a place of concern for him.

Then to her surprise, Coran agreed to come to the clinic, but he hadn't dropped his attitude. Cass sighed as she couldn't help but feel she was the mother to a teenager again despite Coran being centuries older than her. She cared deeply for Coran, she always had, but this side of him made it difficult. But still, she had to take the win and hope that he would regain his reason with some blood. He asked her if she was happy sarcastically, but she chose not to answer him and kept to the topic at hand.

" Great, " Cass said as she stood on her own two feet. " Let's go right now. " Cass said insistently. She wasn't going to give Coran a chance to change his mind or back out. " There's no one in the Immortal section; we will have the place to ourselves; you'll be in and out. " Cass said, like Coran needed more encouragement. She stood, waiting for him to move, and she looked over at Peter. " I'll call you later. " she smiled and slid him Coran coffee. "Don't forget to get lunch. " she reminded him. " But if you do, there's food in the fridge," she said, knowing he would forget; he always did.

She began walking out of the room and walked a couple of steps ahead of Coran. She rummaged in her bag for her keys and spoke before Coran could say anything. " I'm driving, you may be okay if you fall asleep at the wheel, but I won't be. " Cass should have laughed, but there was too much tension. She didn't trust Coran to drive in this condition. He may be immortal, but he wasn't infallible, and Cass was very much a human. Still, she wasn't going to let him intimidate her. Once he was feeling better, he would thank her, well she hoped, but it's not like he could dislike her any more than he already did, so what did she have to lose?

Word Count: 700

Back to top Go down

Coran Valencie
Coran Valencie

Post by Coran ValencieFri 24 Feb 2023 - 16:46

Cass was being stubborn, and that irritated him. He felt like he was being led into a trap, and he glanced around the room, scanning each of the corners to examine the shadows for Eliza. She wanted him to lose control, and she was getting her way. He'd spent the last five years fighting an internal battle that he thought he'd won centuries ago. He was exhausted and running out of fight.

Cass wasn't going to waste her chances and got onto her feet seconds after getting her way. "Now?" He growled, already regretting his weakness. But what choice did he have? He couldn't exactly avoid the pair; he'd been trying. And pushing them away wasn't an option. The City needed them, and so did he.

He made his way from the room, following Cass from what he thought was a safe distance. "Do what you want," he sighed as she tried to gain the upper hand. "Drive, don't drive, I don't care," he shook his head, a look of distress passing his features briefly as Cass's scent hit him in a way that made him hitch a breath.
He's spent years with Cass, he was used to her scent, but things were changing, and he felt her smell trigger something inside him. It felt like something gnawed on his skull, wanting out, and he despised it, his shoulder shuddering.

He grabbed the collar of his T-shirt and pulled it up, tucking his lower face inside the material to ease the sensation.
They moved through the building checkpoints, Coran rushing through his men without much communication until they made their way out of the building. Coran instantly relaxed once the fresh air breeze blew all the scents away from him.

"Alright, let's go," he shrugged, dropping his shirt back into place while they walked to Cass's car.
Sitting close to her wasn't thrilling, yet Coran climbed into the car without hesitation, and instantly rolled the window down, turning his head towards it as he settled into the chair, resting his head back against the headrest.

"This is all a lot of fuss," he sighed, hiding his eyes from her as he felt a ball of panic settling into his stomach. He needed to get a grip, yet he didn't know how to, not when Eliza had his powers fluctuating. "I'm just tired. I need a break, that's all. You're worrying over nothing."

Back to top Go down

Cashan
Cashan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CashanMon 27 Feb 2023 - 17:22

- H U M A N -
- P R O F I L E -

"Drive, don't drive, I don't care,"

' That much is obvious.' Cass thought, biting her tongue, choosing to keep her words to herself. Chastising him now would be counterintuitive. He could change his mind about going to the clinic and instead go back to sulking on his own like he had been doing for months. She might have told him to wallow in his misery if she didn't care so much about him. But she deeply cared about him, and she, Peter and the city needed him. Saint's was one of the few places left that was safe for her children and grandchildren, and Coran was the reason for that. She owed it to him and to them to do what she could to keep the status quo. But as she watched Coran pull his shirt over his face in an attempt to block out her scent, she fought back the tears that stung her eyes.

They stepped outside, and Cass remained silent as she entered the driver's side. Coran got in without any more arguments, but he made a point of rolling down the window. Coran had been hard to deal with lately, but she had never known him to be cruel, and yet he was making it painstakingly clear that not only could he not stand her, but now her scent was repulsive to him. She turned the keys, her jaw tight, as she swallowed the hurt and tried to excuse this behaviour. He was blood deprived and tired, she kept telling herself. She couldn't take what he was doing or saying personally, yet it hurt her heart more than she would say.

They pulled away from the warehouse, and Coran complained about the fuss, trying to brush it off as nothing. " Well, then you can have a break at the clinic. I'll get you a private room and an IV bag, and you can sleep for the rest of the day. " Cass said, not allowing Coran to talk his way out of this. " In fact, give me your phone. " Cass demanded, holding her free hand while steering with the other. " You're not going to get any rest if everyone is ringing you every five minutes," she said, explaining her reasoning. " I'll give it back to you later," she promised, wondering if he would hand it over to her; he probably wouldn't want her scent all over his phone.

They pulled up to the back of the clinic and parked her car in the usual spot. She stepped out, opened the back driver door and pulled out a navy jacket that matched her pencil skirt. She buttoned the jacket and then undid one of the buttons of her blouse, so it sat flatter against the lapel. She grabbed a large bag filled with paperwork and rummaged until she found her keycard. Tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear, she walked to the door and was granted access. " After you," she said, holding her arm out and allowing Coran in front of her. She didn't want him to disappear behind her back.

They walked through the corridor, and Cass directed him to a room that would give him privacy. Given his mood, she wasn't about to parade him through the clinic. It was probably safer for everyone this way. " Make yourself comfortable," she suggested as she sat her bag on the ground and pulled out her phone. She had her secretary on speed dial. " Morning, Beth," she said with a small smile; Cass was the first to admit she would be lost without her. " Could you bring me down some B bags, please? I'm in the back. Thanks. " Cass purposely spoke in code, seeing as the clinic was now open, and she didn't know who was listening.

She walked over to lean against the wall as she looked at Coran in the bed. The last time she was by his bedside, he was so close to death that she thought she would lose him. She remembered how cold he was, how her hand fit in his... She looked away, not allowing her mind to go there. Coran was off limits; he made that clear. She was here as a concerned friend and nothing more. " Are you comfortable? " she asked, trying to break the awkward tension. " I can get you more pillows or a blanket if you like. " Cass offered, genuinely wanting him to be comfortable so he would sleep. If need be, she was prepared to get some Midazolam and knock him out if he pushed her to that, anything to get him to drop the attitude.

Word Count: 785

Back to top Go down

Coran Valencie
Coran Valencie

Post by Coran ValencieMon 27 Feb 2023 - 18:21

Cass wasn't taking no for an answer, and Coran found himself fighting an internal battle. He wanted to go with her so that he could get some rest. He desperately needed sleep. But he was scared too. He didn't have control over the power that dwelled close to escape when he was asleep, and he was frightened of finding out what it was capable of.
She wanted his phone, and he glanced down at his pocket. He shook his head, deciding that it was easier to just hand it over. He would be grateful for the silence anyway.
He handed his phone over without an argument while keeping his eyes on the road, then folded his arms around himself, almost seeking comfort from them.

They arrived at the Clinic, and Coran lifted his hood, concealing his identity from anyone not able to pick up on his scent.
He followed Cass, muttering to himself about the inconvenience of their situation, then paused by the door, stiffening up as she ushered him passed her.

She directed him through the clinic, and he followed her lead, glad that she was at least taking him to a quiet corner of the hospital.
He moved into the room first, and took a set on the bed, easing himself to sit against its raised back.

This was his first time being a patient in the clinic. He had hoped to avoid it for as long as possible but knew Cass well enough to know she wasn't about to let him turn her down. She was worried about him. And her concern was growing, as was her agitation. He had hoped that by being curt he would have pushed her and Peter away, but his plan was backfiring.

"I'm comfortable enough. I won't be staying long. I don't need anything." he shook his head, hoping she would do some tests or take some blood and see that everything was fine.
"Let's get this over with then. Do whatever tests you need to do, and then you can go," he sighed. She was forcing him to rest. And the last thing he needed was for her to hang around while he did. He didn't trust himself.
"Let's get the ball rolling, shall we?"

Back to top Go down

Cashan
Cashan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CashanMon 27 Feb 2023 - 20:12

- H U M A N -
- P R O F I L E -

Coran was clearly uncomfortable but was being stubborn and, quite frankly, rude. Cass was just trying to be a good friend and could see he was clearly struggling. Yet he had been nothing but disrespectful and outright mean to her. Cass was known for her patience but she was only human, and she only had so much patience to give. " I won't be going anywhere, Coran; this is my clinic. " Cass reminded him as she felt he was dismissing her. Saints may have been his territory, but Cass had carved herself a little place in the world, and even Coran wouldn't take it from her. He could throw her out of the warehouse, but he wasn't dictating the rules here.

" Yes, let's. " Cass replied, her annoyance growing more evident as she left Coran alone since it was clearly what he wanted. She walked towards a storeroom down the corridor. She took a wheeled stainless steel trolley from one of the other rooms and began placing everything she thought she would need to give Coran the once-over. She was beyond frustrated at his behaviour and how he was treating her. If she didn't care about Peter and all the men in the warehouse, she would be seriously contemplating washing her hands off him altogether. He didn't have to like her; she long ago accepted that he didn't. But the least he could do was treat her with some decency and respect.

Having gathered the equipment, she pushed the cabinet up the hallway when Beth appeared. " Beth, " Cass smiled, not taking her frustrations out on her assistant like Coran did her. " Cass, as you requested, " she said, holding two blood bags to her. " Thank you, I'm going to be busy for a little while. Can you hold down the fort? " Cass asked, and Beth nodded, a broad smile crossing her face. " Of course, please take your time. " Beth suggested as she then disappeared back to the front of the building to deal with all the human patients. Cass was eternally grateful for the older woman.

She placed the bags on the cabinet and then pushed into the room with Coran. " I'll take some blood, check the basics and then I got some blood for you. You can drink it, or I can set up an IV—your choice. " Cass said curtly. She began to assemble a syringe for Cass to draw some blood. " Arm. " Cass demanded, waiting for Coran to choose which arm she drew from. She was usually very gentle with her patients, but she wasn't afraid to jab the syringe into his arm at that moment. She pulled back on the plunger and began the blood draw; her eyes focused on her task. " You know, there's no need to take your anger out on me, Coran. I'm just trying to help. " Cass reminded him. She wasn't sure he would care enough that it would make a difference, but she couldn't remain quiet about it either.

After finishing the blood draw, she placed the tubes into a clear sealed plastic bag. She put the syringe in the yellow sharps box and looked at the machinery beside Coran's bed. " Could you take off your shirt? " Cass asked, trying to hide the blush that ran to her cheeks. " I want to do an ECG," she explained, hoping to make it a little less awkward. " Once that's done, I'll get your BP and leave you alone to get some rest. " Cass had learned how he ticked over the last few years and knew that if she promised to go after doing something, he usually agreed. She didn't know whether it was a conscious thought on his part, but it was apparent to her and broke her heart every time.

Word Count: 647

Back to top Go down

Coran Valencie
Coran Valencie

Post by Coran ValencieSun 5 Mar 2023 - 11:33

Cass was closer to anger than she had ever been with him. It made him uncomfortable, and guilt bubbled beneath the surface, but he had to be glad.
He needed her to hate him. He needed her to keep her distance from him. He was frightened of what he could/would do to his friends. He felt unable to discuss it with them. He couldn't risk looking weak in front of his men. He couldn't risk looking weak in front of anyone, not when one slip-up could cost them their sanctuary. No, Coran couldn't afford to let himself stumble, not when the safety of the entire city bore down on his shoulders.

His eyes followed her as she left the room, and his shoulders instantly sagged the moment he was alone. "Fuck..." he hissed quietly, bringing both of his hands up to rub over his face as he forced out a long breath of frustration. "You're a fucking bitch," he growled. What he wouldn't give to burn that witch to ashes.
The whole thing was a mess, and Coran didn't have time to deal with it, especially when he knew how close he was to fall apart. It was only a matter of time. He wasn't safe to be around anymore.

He straightened as Cass came back into the room without her usual warmth. She was all business as she issued her commands, but he didn't push back. He knew he'd upset her, he could only hope that would mean she would give him space once this was over. He just had to get through this medical.
He offered out his arm, and Cass jabbed a needle into it harder than she needed to, which made his arm twitch.
"I'll drink it," he replied, not wanting to be stuck on a drip. It would make the process longer.

He watched her remove the needle from his arm as she chastised him. He wanted to reassure her, maybe even apologise, but he was scared of giving her the wrong impression or giving away any secrets he didn't want out.
"I know you are," he nodded, deciding to ease off a little.

She wanted to do more tests, and he sighed, nodding again as she uncomfortably asked him to remove his shirt. "Alright," she would leave after. And he could get some rest, though he knew he wouldn't be able to let himself sleep not with so many humans in the building, especially Cass.

He lifted his shirt over his head and dropped it beside him, twisting on the bed until he faced Cass properly to let out the pads where ever she needed them.
"How long are you keeping me here for?" he asked, looking down at the leads she held, unable to hold her gaze for any longer than he had to.
"I doubt you will find anything."

Back to top Go down

Cashan
Cashan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CashanSun 5 Mar 2023 - 13:11

- H U M A N -
- P R O F I L E -

Coran was defensive as he straightened himself, but it was obvious to Cass it was unnatural. But his attitude softened a little after she had jabbed him in the arm. She felt bad about hurting him as he flinched, but he couldn't keep treating her like this, treating everyone like this. He was acting like Hope, but Coran was far older, and Cass expected more. He was pushing everyone away, throwing himself into work and pushing everyone away. All Cass and Peter wanted was to help him, and part of her prayed that there was something physically wrong with him that would explain his behaviour; she didn't want to believe that this was who he was now.

Coran removed his shirt and laid back on the bed, and Cass reminded herself to remain professional. She turned to the machine and began attaching the leads to the stickers. She began removing the plastic and sticking the various dots around his body. She sighed as Coran acted like she was holding him, hostage. " I'm not keeping you here, Coran; you're not a prisoner. " Cass reminded him as she moved around the scars on his body. His chest still bore the marks from where he had been impaled, but Cass noticed they were still fading. She wondered if they would completely heal with time, but she didn't want to ask Coran, given his mood. Coran's half-human nature always intrigued Cass, given that two of her grandchildren were half-human, and she had wanted to learn more about dhampirs for their sake, but Coran had made that difficult.

She finished attaching the leads and yawned as Coran said she wouldn't find anything. " I hope that's true," she said, suddenly feeling tired. It was unusual for her; she had slept well the night before and just had a coffee. Maybe dealing with Coran was harder work than she thought. She attached a BP cuff and an Sp02 monitor, but as she suspected, nothing was out of the ordinary. She reached over to the bag that Coran had yet to drink. " Drink up. " she reminded him, keeping an eye on him until he began drinking. She really hoped that the blood would soften his mood because, as far as she could see, there was nothing wrong with Coran other than his sour mood.

Cass examined the ECG strip, and his heart looked fine, slower than an average human's, but Cass had learned that was normal for the likes of Coran, Nik and Mori. Yawning again, her vision grew blurry, and she rubbed her eyes. " Sorry, I'm just tired all of a sudden. " Cass said yawning; she felt like she hadn't slept in weeks. Her limbs felt heavy as the ECG strip fell from her hand. Her head began to droop as she started dozing to sleep, but she fought it. " I... don't....... I......." Cass could barely finish the sentence as she managed to look at Coran, she knew something was wrong, and it was written all over her sleepy face. This wasn't normal tiredness, but Cass didn't have time to contemplate what could be going wrong as she slumped onto the bed, sliding from the sheets as she was forced into a deep unnatural sleep.

Word Count: 546

Back to top Go down

Coran Valencie
Coran Valencie

Post by Coran ValencieWed 8 Mar 2023 - 12:12

"I don't feel like you are giving me much choice," he sighed in response. If he didn't let Cass examine him, she would be on his case even more, as would Peter. No, he had no choice. He needed to get this over and done with. Maybe then they would give him the space he needed.
Her fingers gently pressed into his body with each sticker, and he fought to ignore the sensation of warmth for them. Cass's touch was once something he enjoyed, but not anymore. He couldn't risk his power fluctuating around her, not when he didn't know what he was capable of.

The blood would distract him, so he lifted the bag, snagging it with his teeth so he could drain the contents. "What?" he frowned, glancing at the now half-empty bag with a confused and disgusted expression.
It didn't taste right. "What did you do?" he demanded, feeling a subtle tingling as the blood worked through his system, making him feel suddenly unsteady against the bed. A wave of vertigo made him squeeze his eyes shut as he tried to clear his head. But when he opened them, Cass was acting strangely. The colour drained from her face as her eyes searched his for answers he didn't have.

Before he knew what was happening, Cass dropped the lead and started to sag against the bed. "Hey!" he sat up quickly, grabbing Cass's shoulders as she slipped beside him.
"Hey, Cass..." he shook her shoulders and quickly climbed off the bed, lifting her against him to keep her from falling. But she flopped into his hold, her head lax as she passed out. What the fuck was going on?
"Hey, wake up!" his hand lifted to cup the side of her face, lifting it in his direction, but his eyes were blurring. "Hey, a little help in here!" he shouted, feeling another wave of vertigo sway through him.

He was going to fall and wrapped his arms around Cass to shield her as he stumbled sidelong into the machines beside the bed, before his legs gave out, sending the pair toppling to the ground beside the bed.
He fought back, struggling to stay awake as he heard footsteps coming down the hallway towards them. "In here..." He sighed, feeling a heaviness he could not fight as the drugs pulled him into sleep. "We're in..."
Someone walked into the room, but he couldn't see them as his body forced him into sleep.

Back to top Go down

Cashan
Cashan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CashanWed 8 Mar 2023 - 18:15

E L I Z A B E T H  .  B L A C K
Blood Witch

Elizabeth, or Beth, as she was known in the clinic, stood with her back pressed against the door where Cass and Coran remained bickering. Unfortunately for Cass, Elizabeth had ample opportunity to get a hold of her blood. She had been saving it for just such an occasion. Rubbing the blood between her fingers, she smiled wickedly as she whispered. " Let she who rouses from her sleep return at once to slumber deep. " Elizabeth repeated it three times before Cass eventually succumbed to the spell's effects. She smirked as she heard Coran calling out for help, but his cries wouldn't be heard. She would make sure of that.

She opened the door just in time to see Coran collapse to the ground with Cass wrapped in his arms. They hit the floor together, with Coran's body taking the brunt. She scoffed as she noticed the blood bag was only half drunk on the bed. " Hmm, now that won't do. " her fingers danced in the air, and the residual blood escaped through the two puncture holes that Coran had made. The blood moved across the bed and poured down the bed. Eliza contemplated forcing it down Coran's throat but Cass, thanks to her earlier blood draw, had given Eliza an easier in. The blood pooled on Coran's arm, over the crease of his elbow, where slowly, the blood seeped through the puncture hole and into Coran's veins.

" Wouldn't want you waking up early; you'll miss out on all the fun. " she chuckled as she walked toward the pair and unceremoniously stepped over them. She sat in the folding chair and stared down at the couple sleeping soundly on the floor. Coran's attempts to push Cass away and convince her that she meant nothing to him had failed. Cass may have fallen for his act, believing that Coran hated her but seeing him protect Cass from even a simple fall showed the contrary. She would feel bad for involving Cass if she didn't know how much she secretly wanted this. Even if she didn't, Coran's powers would soon convince her she did, and Eliza would stay by their side to ensure Cass's safety. After all, she was a mere human, and Coran had been suppressing his urges for a long time. There was no way of telling how far he would take this when she finally let him free.

Reaching over one the tables, she grabbed a scalpel as her usual jewellery wasn't workplace appropriate. She sliced her palm and allowed the blood to pool before she poured some into her other hand, dividing the blood into equal parts. Speaking to her right hand, she whispered. " Spirit of the beast within, ignite the fires of the flesh so that all desires unite. " She then turned to speak to her left, enchanting the rest of the blood. " Spirit of the beast within, let loose your powers and unleash your will. " as she finished her spell, she rose and bent down over the pair. She placed her right hand across Cass's forehead and her left across Coran's. She laughed a little as she rose to take back her seat and licked the blood from her hands. " Have fun, you two... " she muttered as she crossed her legs and waited for the passionate chaos to ensue.

Word Count: 563

Back to top Go down

Cashan
Cashan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CashanWed 8 Mar 2023 - 19:33

- H U M A N -
- P R O F I L E -

The first thing Cass became aware of was the ground beneath her. It was cold and hard and gave her goosebumps all over her body. Then she was aware of a weight on top of her, but it was warm and smelled amazing. It was like all her favourite things combined to make the most incredible aroma. She began to stir and forced her heavy eyelids to open, which felt like it took far more effort than it should have. She tried to move, but something or someone surrounded her, which was heavenly. Cass sighed and relaxed as she snuggled in closer to the source of the heat and the intoxicating smell.

After a few moments of enjoying the sensation, she was compiled to open her heavy eyelids. Slowly, the shapes around her became more recognisable, and a soft gasp left her lips as she finally recognised Coran. He lay beside her, still topless and unconscious, his arms wrapped around her, pressing her against him. " Coran? " she whispered, eyes scanning his face for any reaction. She didn't remember how they got on the floor; in fact, she didn't remember getting to the clinic this morning. There was a part of her that nagged at her mind, something didn't feel quite right, but those concerns were suppressed and forgotten about the longer she took Coran's features in.

Her heart began beating faster in her chest, and her breathing changed as her hand delicately traced up Coran's torso. It felt so wrong, yet her every instinct was screaming at her to go further. She knew she shouldn't; in her mind, she knew that Coran wouldn't have wanted this, not from her, but he was impossible to resist. Her hands suddenly wanted to explore every facet of his body, and her lips wanted, no needed, to know what he tasted like. Did he taste as good as he suddenly smelled?

" Coran, I... " Cass didn't even know what to say. She had hidden her feelings for him for years. But it was like everything was amplified, overwhelming her senses and any inhibitions she may have had. Her hand reached his chest, and she could feel his heartbeat pounding. The rhythm of its beat vibrated through her body, heightening her every nerve. His heat was more intense, his touch sending jolts of electricity to her core.

Resisting her urges was becoming unbearable when a familiar voice echoed in her head. " Give in, Cassandra. " It ordered her, and her body obeyed as her hands moved around Coran's neck, and her lips pressed forward to meet his. An explosion went off inside of her as she kept Coran within her grasp. It was like one small act of intimacy had suddenly made her an addict, and her body craved more; it needed more. Her kiss deepened, and her desperation grew as she clung to Coran as though her life depended on it because that's how it felt. As illogical as it was, she knew in every cell of her body that she couldn't survive another day without knowing every part of Coran's body intimately.

Word Count: 523

Back to top Go down

Coran Valencie
Coran Valencie

Post by Coran ValencieSat 18 Mar 2023 - 21:46

Coran 'Woke' to the overwhelming sensation of longing. It was a feeling he'd been shoving down for years, yet now it was at the surface, bubbling over, and he couldn't do anything about it. Power rippled through like a freak wave, filling every part of him until he opened his eyes with a gasp.

Cass- He could smell her; he could feel her. She swam into his vision as her fingers ran along the front of his body, drawing sensitive lines into his skin. He felt a shudder run over him, his breath catching as his eyes focused on her parted lips, his name upon them.
His arms were around her. His normal reaction would be to withdraw them, but everything about her was overwhelming him.

Something was wrong, a panicked voice called in the very depths of his mind, urging him to stop. But it was easily drowned out as Cass's body pressed against him, fitting against him as though she belonged there. Her hands snaked his neck, pulling him closer as she lifted herself against him, her lips finding him in a kiss that broke every carefully constructed restraint he had spent a lifetime building. He felt energy course through him like electricity, reviving unknown life into Coran until he groaned against the softness of her lips, consuming her energy as it awakened something deep inside of him.

Her life force filled him as their lips pressed together, Coran's primal side stirring as he pulled her against him with a renewed energy, his lips pushing against hers until he felt like she would break like glass against him. Only then did he turn his face away, letting her take a breath as he pushed her hair back, exposing her neck to him. His fangs ached as he traced the artery there, his hand wrapping into her hair, pulling it back until she had to fully expose her throat to him.

Her heartbeat drove him to distraction. He wanted to consume every part of her, starting with her blood. "Keep still," he instructed, his voice two-toned as the demonic side of him started to push closer to the surface, some of his skin becoming darker as it hardened and cracked.
But he didn't notice, not when Cass's blood pounded too loud in his ears. Her breathing was elevated, as was her heartbeat, and he smirked, sinking his fangs into her without further warning. Warm blood filled his mouth. He'd waited for centuries to taste it, and it didn't disappoint, the power he felt shook through him, his arms wrapping to hold her tighter against him, his fingers gripping into her pale flesh, bruising it.

He drank deeply until he felt her heart rate change, forcing him to stop before he killed her. He pulled away with a frustrated sigh, his hands instantly sliding beneath Cass's clothing, heavily roaming over her smooth skin as he caught his breath. "These need to come off."

Back to top Go down

Cashan
Cashan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CashanSun 19 Mar 2023 - 14:35

- H U M A N -
- P R O F I L E -

The kiss wasn't at all what Cass had expected. Her lips met his, and it was like she had unlocked something deep within, and it surged to the surface. His kiss was desperate and passionate; she felt this strange pull that she couldn't describe but somehow didn't feel right. Apart of her knowing something was wrong, that whatever was happening was dangerous, but it felt so right Cass couldn't have objected if she wanted to. Her body began screaming at her to breathe, but Coran's lips were locked against hers like he needed her more than air. Her head began to spin, as the lack of Oxygen made her dizzy, but still, no hesitation left her lips.

Coran finally left her lips, and it was a bitter-sweet move, as she could finally gasp for a breath, but the sensation of him on her lips was gone. Coran's hands dove into her hair. Her scalp stung as she felt the pull of her hair. She knew what was coming, and for a moment, she felt fear, but it was suppressed, almost like it was snuffed out like a fire as Coran's voice reverberated through her soul. She couldn't move now, even if she wanted to kick or scream. His voice carried an order that she couldn't disobey. But it didn't sound like him; it almost sounded like someone else mimicking his words, she knew she should have been scared, but the only thing she felt was her desperate need for him, and it suppressed all thoughts and emotions that would dampen her desire.

Coran's fangs pierced into her neck without warning, and she gasped as the pain throbbed but quickly passed, replaced by a euphoric high. She moaned in pleasure as his name left her lips. There was that strange feeling that something was wrong, but she didn't seem to care as Coran could have quickly drained her, and she wouldn't have put up a fight. But his fangs soon retracted as his hands slipped under her blouse, his hands leaving goosebumps in his trail. His voice still didn't sound like his own as he told her that her clothes needed to come off, and she couldn't help but take that as an order. Her hands were suddenly able to move again as she began frantically unbuttoning her blouse, exposing her abdomen and chest to the air. She pressed herself against Coran as she slipped the white silk off her shoulders and down her arms, dropping the shirt behind her.

Her hands didn't hesitate as she moved to the zip of her skirt on the side of her hip. She tried sliding the skirt down her legs, Coran's body on top of hers, making it almost possible. " Coran... " she muttered, a plea in her voice as she needed to please him, and she knew that her clothes displeased him. Her skin pressed against Coran's clothes, creating static. The sparks of electricity sent jolts through her, but she needed more; she needed to feel him against her. As she left Coran to deal with what was left of her skirt, her hands ran down his chest to the belt of his trousers. Her fingers pulled on the leather strap and undid the buckle as her toes pushed the shoes off her feet. She was down to her underwear but somehow knew to allow Coran to deal with them.

The nagging feeling in the back of her mind wouldn't cease, but as Coran's hands roamed her body, it was stifled by the waves of pleasure he sent over her. She pushed the trousers down his legs and felt his thighs pressing against her as the fabric was peeled from his skin. She felt his skin against hers, and instead of feeling soft, firm muscles; his skin was oddly hard. Cass managed to break eye contact from those amber hues ' were his eyes always that colour? ' she thought to herself before glancing at his body. She gasped as she noticed patches of dark cracking skin appearing all over his body.

" Coran..are you ok? " she asked as her hands tentatively touched the affected area of skin. Something was really wrong, and despite the almost overwhelming urge to give into her carnal desires, her love and concern were greater than her lust for him and gave her the briefest moment of clarity to express her worry before her eyes rolled back into her head. She moaned as Coran made her forget all about the black rash, and her hand moved to grab his now freed member, and she began fulfilling his every whim, which were now hers.

Word Count: 777

Back to top Go down

Coran Valencie
Coran Valencie

Post by Coran ValencieMon 27 Mar 2023 - 11:08

As Cass removed her shirt, Coran's hand roamed over the now-exposed flesh, feeling his way along every inch of her smooth skin until logistics forced him to pull away with a frustrated sigh. Cass struggled to remove her skirt, and he briefly paused, curving to create more space between them. His impatient hands moved to roughly pull it from her, tossing it aside before he closed the space once again,  feeling Cass's hands tugging pleasingly at his belt.

He grinned against her skin, pressing his teeth to her shoulder, enough to indent but not break the flesh as he took a long breath, filling himself with her scent. It buzzed his body with energy, making every cell feel intoxicated, he'd never felt more alive in his long life, and he couldn't get enough of it.

She freed the rest of his body, his legs kicking the remainder of his trousers off as Cass tried to pull away from him, her eyes changing from desire to concern as she looked down at his changing body. Had Coran been in his right mind, the sight would have worried him, but Cass's pause only frustrated him, his demand for her increasing with his irritation.

"Don't worry about that, worry about this.," he snapped his voice a low growl as he pulled the underwear from around her hips, sliding it from her legs quickly, before pressing himself back against her, arms curling around to make short work of her bra while a breath caught in the back of his throat as her hand wrapped around him. Energy burst through his body, the black skin splintering further until amber light seeped through the cracks, illuminating the darkness that seeped across his skin like a spreading rash.

Her touch stirred darkness inside of him, and Coran felt helpless against it as it consumed all rational thought until only the physical sensation of Cass's touch mattered.
He shifted, wrapping an arm underneath her back to pull her with him as he climbed onto his feet, his other arm sweeping everything from the desk with a single swift movement, sending everything including the computer onto the floor without a second's thought.

His fangs ached, and he gave in, forcing Cass to arch against him as he plunged them into the soft flesh above Cass's breast, her heartbeat loud in his ears, her blood pushing him closer to euphoria with every slowing beat.
Her heartbeat weakened faster this time, her body becoming limper in his arms, her head sagging back, until he stepped forward, pushing her back onto the table as he retracted his fangs, his tongue lapping the blood before tracing it up towards her jawline, his lips crashing against her parted ones as he forced himself between her legs, the table scraping against the floor as he got into position, a harsh hand wrapping around her upper thigh, fingers curling painfully into her flesh to hold her in place.

"Wake up," he growled, feeling her weakening beneath him, her eyes distant and half-mast, "I'm not done," his other hand moved to harshly grip her chin, turning her head in his direction until he could see life returning to her pale blue eyes. "Stay awake."

Back to top Go down

Cashan
Cashan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CashanTue 28 Mar 2023 - 15:17

- H U M A N -
- P R O F I L E -

Cass couldn't make sense of the growing urges she had to please Coran despite the threat he was posing. He spoke to her in a tone she had never heard before that would have hurt her under ordinary circumstances, but now when he told her not to worry, she didn't. Her worry for his well-being disappeared as she was now consumed with her desire for Coran. What was left of her clothes was removed without care as she felt his breath catch his throat at her touch. This excited her as she knew she was fulfilling this goal to give him everything he needed and wanted from her. His skin cracked, and a strange light shone from him; it was glaring and hurt her eyes but she wasn't worried; Coran told her not to be, so her hand continued to drive Coran into a frenzy while her other roamed up his back, gripping the hair at the base of neck for stability.

That stability was lost as Coran wrapped an arm around her waist and pressed her against him as he swept her off the floor. His flesh was a shocking contrast to the cold of the floor as the light coming from him felt like it would burn her. Her hand left go of him as she grabbed onto his shoulders as her lips pressed against his. One hand kept a firm, almost uncomfortable grip on her as the other cleared everything from the table. She expected to be placed on the table, but Coran's hold hadn't loosened around her yet.

" Coran... " she whispered against his ear as she silently begged him to take her to the table, but instead, his fangs were penetrating her chest near her heart. That was dangerous; she knew it, she knew the risks of taking blood so close to the heart, but as the sweet euphoric venom circulated around her body, she didn't care. Her head lulled backwards as she became light-headed. She felt like she was falling, but it was utter bliss that Cass was slowly slipping into as dark spots began filling her vision. She was vaguely aware of the electric sensation of his tongue on her jawline as she felt something solid beneath her. All Cass wanted to do was to let the sweet darkness take her, but as Coran invaded her mouth and body, she was startled and instinctively tried to jerk free, only to feel Coran's hand keeping her in place.

It was all too much, the pleasure, the pain, the blood loss. Her body couldn't keep up with Coran's immortal one, no matter how much she wanted to. But Coran wouldn't allow her to rest; his hand grabbed her chin painfully and forced her to look at him as he ordered her to stay awake, and like every other order he had given, she couldn't refuse. As consciousness began returning to her, she became more aware of what he was doing to her. His body slammed against hers, his hands keeping her in place as the table rocked against the force beneath her. Her hands reached for his shoulders, wanting to push against him to slow his pace, but her touch only seemed to encourage him.

She moaned as pleasure began to suppress the pain, or maybe the pain gave her pleasure. She wasn't sure, it somehow didn't feel natural, but it was starting to feel good, so she didn't care. She just wanted the sweet euphoria she had experienced a few minutes ago to return. Cass was at his mercy, pinned beneath Coran, but there was none to be found as he was relentless. " Coran.." her voice was hoarse, soft and desperate as he drove her closer towards orgasm. " Oh god.. " she muttered as her muscles contracted, and she squirmed beneath him, but he never slowed. He seemed as desperate for her climax as she was, knowing that her body was obligated to give Coran what he wanted.

Her body arched and pressed against Coran, her hands digging into his back's darkened flesh as a scream of pleasure filled the room. Her body shook beneath Coran's as electricity coursed through her body. The pleasure wasn't like anything she had felt before, and the euphoria was welcome, but it was short-lived, and soon the pain she felt from her hips down was at the forefront of her mind. Her moans of pleasure became tired whimpers of pain as she lay against the table, hoping that Coran's appetite was as satisfied as hers and she would finally be allowed to drift into nothingness as she didn't think she could stay awake much longer even if Coran ordered her too.

Word Count: 786

Back to top Go down

Coran Valencie
Coran Valencie

Post by Coran ValencieFri 7 Apr 2023 - 0:30

Her lifeless eyes blinked a few times until consciousness returned to them, and with that consciousness came her heightened emotions and physical responses, all of which fed his body, quenching his unbearable need to drain every ounce of energy he could. He'd never felt a hunger like it before, and it consumed everything. He wasn't himself- he had turned into some twisted creature that only cared for its hunger. In these moments, Cass was a drug to him, and he was an addict that couldn't help himself from wanting more and more.

A steady hand pinned her down against the table, to constrict any undesired movements, as his other moved to grab the curve of her breast, his grip harsh as he moved against her, pounding her against the table over and over again until he could feel both her pain and her pleasure building up until it was close to erupting.
Her moans drove him into a frenzy, and he started to move faster, his movements violently slamming into Cass's human body. He felt electrified in the best way, his entire body sang with an energy he'd never felt before, and he wanted to drown in it.

The rash of black skin covered the entire left side of his body, the cracks deepening with every thrust. His amber eyes burned bright enough to illuminate the room around them, and the skin above his hairline cracked, two horns peaking through the skin as his demonic form shifted fully for the first time.

She shouted his name and her voice was hoarse. He looked at her, yet his eyes held no compassion or concern. He pushed against her, wrapping both arms around her to hold her against him as she arched back, finally giving in to the pleasure as she climaxed violently within his arms.
It was unlike anything he'd felt, and he crushed her deteriorating body against him, feeling her grip on his back weakening as he kept up the same pace, his actions not slowing in the slightest, in fact, they became even more violent as her pleasure lit through him like pure energy. He lay her back against the table, but her lifelessness irritated him, he could see that she was passing out, and it angered him, so he dragged her back up, holding him against her again. "I'm not done," he growled, but it was no use, her body couldn't cope anymore. He was draining her life from her, but the demonic side of him didn't care. He wasn't going to stop, he couldn't.
It was the best high he'd felt in his long life, and he groaned loudly, continuing to hold her in his arms, lifting her he moved across the room until he could pin her body between his and the wall, so he could drive into her again and again, ignoring her increasing weight as she became limp in his arms.

Back to top Go down

Cashan
Cashan
Administrator
Administrator

Post by CashanThu 13 Apr 2023 - 21:35

E L I Z A B E T H  .  B L A C K
Blood Witch

Eliza sat on the chair, enamoured as her blood dripped from her palm. She smirked as she watched it run down her arm, trying to unite with the blood on Cass's and Coran's foreheads. " It won't be gone for long," she muttered as her blood trail began moving in reverse, following the path back up her arm to her palm. It made its way back into her hand, but she restrained from healing the wound; leaving the wound open kept her spell working and kept her in control. If she was going to keep Coran from killing Cass, she needed to keep him on a leash and be prepared to pull him back when he took it too far because he would; Eliza didn't doubt that.

Almost in unison, their breathing increased, and Eliza could feel Cass trying to resist her urges, and Eliza smirked. " Give in, Cassandra," she whispered and sat back in the chair. She hardly needed any encouragement. Eliza had watched the pair dance around each other for years. Cass was kind, if not naive, a fool in Eliza's opinion to pine after a man who pushed her away at every opportunity, and Coran was the bigger fool to push her away. But his feelings were clear as his skin began to darken and crack. " There it is," she muttered as her eyes carefully glanced over at Cass.

Bruises and swellings began appearing as Coran left his mark on her body. Eliza had planned for his incubus to dream walk, but he was more powerful than she thought. If she had thought he would be leaving actual marks on Cass, she would have let them enjoy the actual thing. But she knew how suppressed Coran had been and wouldn't have risked Cass's safety like that. It would have been like sending a defenceless puppy into a lion's den; even Eliza was above that.

The pair began to moan in their sleep as Coran's form continued to change. Eliza examined him with an almost clinical kind of intrigue. " Imagine what you could do if he fed you... " she said, only imagining the sort of power a vampiric incubus. Vampires already possessed a type of thrall to help them lure in their victims. That, combined with his demonic incubus traits, Eliza was practically giddy at the thought and all this time, Coran had been trying to deny this ability, this power. He could have had the city eating out of the palm of his hand, and instead, he chose to ignore it. It was a waste, Eliza had spent years of study and work to get where she was, and some people were just born with it. Shame.

However, when Cass's breathing changed, Eliza was distracted from her thoughts of power. Cass's body had quickly gone from pristine to bloody and bruised, while Coran's barely resembled anything human anymore. " Looks like the funs over," she said, reaching her hand out to the pair and calling her blood back to her. The blood on the pair's foreheads lifted from their skin and moved across the air, and she caught it in her palm again. The blood sunk into her skin, and the wound on her palm was finally allowed to heal; the spell was over.

She stood up, stepping over the pair as she made her way to the door. Coran's body was already reverting to its human form. " Don't worry, beasty; I'll let you out to play again soon,"  she smirked as she cast an eye over Cass. It was perhaps cruel to let things go this far, but maybe now Coran had a taste of real power; she wouldn't have to go to such extremes to teach him a lesson. Cass would survive; she would ensure that she could slip some tonics in her teas to help her heal, and this would all be a memory. An unforgettable memory for the pair of them. She grabbed the handle of the door and stepped out before looking back. " Wake up, Coran; Cass needs you," she said as she laughed, closing the door behind her, leaving Coran to deal with the aftermath.

--- EXIT ELIZA ---

Word Count: 700

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next